Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Final Parting Brief Thoughts

I believe that South Africa has left me with many more questions than answers.

How can a country (city) so developed still contain so much poverty? It is hard sometimes to look at a hungry child and not feel helpless.
Is that what the rest of Africa aspires to be?
What is Fair Trade looking to ultimately accomplish? Only subsistence, or full-scale economic overhaul?
Why is South Africa considered by many to not really be the "true Africa"?
How do Black Americans relate to Africans? How do Africans relate to Black Americans?
And lastly, when can I make it back to Africa!?!?! I got a taste, but it wasn't enough.

I would like to write more, but I think I will wait for proper inspiration as opposed to trying to force something out now. Meanwhile, magnificent road trip:


1 comments:

kaityfresh said...

I asked many of the same questions in South and Central America. The cities are such contrasts and just don't really give you an idea of the way people live in other areas. Yet ... we have that same issue here in the U.S. of A. A trip into Appalachia or the homeless guys living in abandoned buildings of Detroit will tell you a thing or two about how far the U.S. has really progressed. The truth is, a nation is only as strong as its weakest member.

Post a Comment